I am very pleased to inform you that we have now been granted planning permission for our new classrooms. As a result the ground work will commence on MONDAY the 5th March. Barriers will be installed during the morning when children are in classes. As you will understand the build will result in access to the school and playground being limited to ensure all children are kept safe for the duration of the build. Please read the following information carefully to ensure that you are aware of any changes to school procedures.
FROM MONDAY –
· Primary 1 and 2 will continue to line up and be dismissed from the small playground.
· Primary 2/3, 3, 4, 4/5,5,6 and 7 will all line up in the biggies playground at the start of the day.
· Primary 3 and Primary 4 will be dismissed from the small playground at the end of the school day.
· Primary 2/3, 4/5, and 5 will be dismissed from the blue door in the biggies playground.
· Primary 6 and Primary 7 will be dismissed from the main door but will be expected to meet any parent/carers who pick up in the biggies playground.
· The biggies playground will be much busier before and after school. Please try and arrive at drop off no earlier than 8.45am. The school playground will be closed at 3.45pm Monday – Thursday and from 12.45pm on a Friday.
· The barrier will be very close to the front entrance. Please ensure that you communicate by email where possible with the school office to reduce foot fall.
· The children will have amended break and lunchtimes to reduce the number of children in the playground at any one time. Please be assured that all children will continue to get the same amount of playtime as they do on our current timetable.
· Access to breakfast club, After School Care and clubs will remain the same.
· The nursery class access will not be affected by the build.
· The contractor will be leading a site safety assembly with the children next week.
· The contractor is aware of break and lunchtimes and will not be accepting deliveries at these times.
We have a Parent Council Meeting at 6pm on Wednesday the 7th March in the Rainbow Room. All parents are welcome to attend and I am happy to answer any questions you have about how the build will impact on the school.
I would also like to have a record of what our playground looked like prior to the build to look back on. If any parent is a keen photographer and is available to come in to take some photos this Thursday lunchtime please contact the school office.
Ms Calder Kelly, Headteacher